Sangate Golf Club Local Rules
Read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf.
- Preferred Lie
In the General Area, mark ball and then ball may be lifted, cleaned and placed within one card length (no nearer to hole).
- Bare Patches on Defined Fairway (closely mown) in play
Free drop from bare patch (nearest reference point and no nearer to hole) then preferred lie available. When off the fairway, only preferred lie may be taken.
- Stony Areas
Free drop from stones at nearest reference point.
- Bare Patches on Greens (consult marker)
When a ball is on the green, and rests on a bare patch or there is damage/bare patch on line of putt, relief by placement is allowed
- Tree Roots
If a tree root interferes with club swing path, relief is available within one card length of nearest reference point determined by player and marker.
- Out of Bounds
Boundary fences and black and white stakes left of 1st tee and to the rear of 9th green. (Rule 18)
- Penalty Areas
Defined by red or yellow stakes (Rule 17). If red or yellow stake interferes with a player’s stance or swing, relief may be taken only when the ball lies in the General Area.
- Abnormal Course Conditions (inc Immovable Obstructions)
(Rule 16.1) applies to seats, tee markers, bins, bricks, wire barriers, all paths and wheel tracks, GUR and temporary water. (NB does not include OOB fences/posts)
- Designated Gardens
A compulsory free drop when your ball rests in a garden. Drop to be taken at nearest reference point, no nearer to the hole.
- close to the 1st green on the right side of fairway
- behind the 1st green
- behind and beside the ladies’ 2nd tee
- behind the 5th green and behind the 6th green
- beside the ladies’ 8th tee and behind the 8th green
- Mulched Areas
Mulched areas other than covered in Local Rule 9, are in the General Area of play. ( eg. the mound to the right of hole 5.) Therefore, only preferred lie is available.
- Par 3s
All Par 3s have an optional call up.
- Distance Markers
Blue 150 metres and White 100 metres to the centre of the green.
Currently includes NEW WORK on 3rd and 6th fairways and heaped soil/sand on right hand side of 8th fairway
- CARE FOR OUR COURSE
Please help our grounds staff and volunteers. All players are asked to:
- Carry a sand bucket and fill divots
- Repair plug marks on greens
- Drive BUGGIES on paths and follow signage (not within 10 metres of greens and not onto tee blocks)
- Buggies to be DRIVEN AROUND ALL NEW WORK to give the grass a chance to establish.